Welcome to BSMC
Sustainable Strategies & Projects
Development and Implementation -
We support with competence and commitment!
Focus: Buildings & Energy & Climate Protection
Buildings are the Central Sustainability Factor!
Causing 40%(!) of Energy/Climate Impact, 50% of all Material Flows, forming 90% of our living environment
We provide consultance in the entire field
of Sustainable Building & Renovation
- Residential and non-residential construction
- Efficient, EnerPHIT, Passive Houses
- Classical, Plus and Premium
- New and existing buildings
with focus on
- sustainable economy
- highest energy efficiency
- effective climate protection
- healthy indoor climate
N.B.: Web site relaunch: pages are under construction – text, links, images, design preliminary!
Presentation Int. Passive House Conference China (2019):
From Experimental to Passive House Plus – Some 4-Decade Insights
Knowledge encyclopedia Passipedia, contribution Bernd Steinmüller: Basics,
Extracted from Bernd Steinmüller “Early lessons learnt” in Reducing Energy by a factor of 10, p37ff
BSMC - Applications, Press Reports, Project Results – Examples, Facts
Economically sustainable building & refurbishment to passive house.
- New construction Passive House Sports Hall Paderborn-Sande: Durable Savings Advantage [German Press], Exemplary Building on Sand [Lecture Innsbruck, pdf], Facts [Passive House Database 6217]
- New building Passive house nursery, timber panel construction Geothermal heat pump, PV: Key to the energy turnaround [German press release, pdf], Project of the Month [Energy Agency NRW, in German] as well as Economic [Lecture Aachen, German, pdf], Facts [Passive House Database 6284]
- World’s first town hall refurbishment to Passive House Standard: Like winning the lottery [German Press], Economically sustainable [Presentation Hanover, pdf], Facts [Passive House Database 6534]
Innovative and efficient renovation towards Efficiency House Innovation and Passive House Plus/Premium.
- Refurbishment Settlement Houses towards Passive-House-Plus: Project of the Month [Energy Agency NRW] Future Comfort … saves 90% heating [Energy Agency NRW], Refurbishment steps [Lecture Vienna, pdf], Facts [Passive House Database 6544]
- * Refurbishment Post-war building to Passive House Plus, ground source heat pump, trench collectors, PV: see above. Presentation China, English, pdf], Facts [Passive House Database 6535]
- NEW Refurbishment and extension of almost 100-year-old single-family house into a flexible Passive House premium multifamily/multi-generation house, Participant in Efficient House Innovation 40, Renewable Energy – Model Project for Future Federal Building Funding [Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology], Facts [Passive House Database 6536]
Climate change mitigation, energy and resource efficiency, sustainable buildings, global – local.
- Sustainability key task of the 21st century [more], Climate protection requires solutions well before 2050 [more], with Energy and resource efficiency, sustainable building being fundamental: globally – locally [more]
- Global: BSMC holds lectures, workshops in America, Australia, Asia, Europe. [see ressources, more] Energy transition: BSMC and partners survey International expert panel on sustainable energy transition and options for action [more, report, pdf], far-reaching implications for Buildings [more]
- National building energy law, Germany: BSMC statesDrastic tightening towards Passive House Plus Standard necessary [German,pdf]”
- Regional and local implementation: BSMC supports Future-oriented reorientation of urban quarters [German Campaign progruen with timber construction, passive house plus standard, future-oriented mobility towards Europe’s most innovative urban quarter, Fact checks: Passive house construction pays off[in German] and Appraisals/expertises.